Welcome to a special post, I hope you are having a good day so far!
Today, I want to share a bit about Branding You which is a course instructed by Jonathan Levi and Anthony Metivier on developing your brand and internet business from the ground up. Branding has often been interpreted as the logo, color palette, and slogan but in this course, branding refers to the story, the overall message, and the promise that is made and delivered to the customer.
I am obsessed with this course because both the instructors have expertise in memory techniques and internet business. The instructors are also genuine, authentic, and they have packed a ton of information in this course that can be used to spark a plethora of ideas.
The course is 55 videos total, and for this post, I will just be taking notes on Videos 1-7.
If you have purchased this course on Udemy, you will see how this post corresponds with the intro all the way up to the first exercise. These thoughts were obtained while preparing for the first exercise in the course and these thoughts can be used to improve your brand.
And also since the course videos are not on YouTube, I have instead attached one of my favorite chill instrumentals to add to the reading experience.
I’ve got my iced coffee and I am starting tonight – I’ve taken quite a few Udemy courses but the most impact by far has been this course. The beginning ideas for forming a brand are:
- Telling a truthful story and being authentic but also highlighting the parts of the story that make you unique.
- Adding personal elements that are true and strategically crafting your brand narrative so that it demonstrates the value of the transformation your customer wants to experience.
- Creating a Hero’s journey story (where the hero has a driving ambition however the hero is getting crushed by life. The hero is then again getting crushed by life while being haunted by a ghost (something in the past perhaps low self esteem or lack of self confidence or fear) and then the hero sees the light and breaks through! He/she (as a result of this journey) decides to help others breakthrough what they have experienced in this remarkable narrative style.
- Letting your creative mind flow. Don’t overthink it, let it spill.
- An excellent brand has an authentic story which creates hope. Your customers will try your product or process because they believe they can achieve what you have accomplished and transcend just as you have to achieve results they truly desire.
“If you have a solution (even if its a tiny itty bitty solution), you have an ethical duty to help people reach that solution.”
Honestly my goal is not to do too many things at once but this course has always been a gem I wanted to apply to my life so I will use the blog as an extended resource for study.
Please follow me as we explore the remaining content in this course, another 48 videos to go (7 sections). I will be posting my journey on here and you will see the reflection in the improvement of our site. Wish me luck!
My objective is to be sincere in that I will only recommend courses or products I have personally tried and can vouch for. Whether you choose this course, or formal education, or a book, or a mentor – be tenacious in your study and agile in your execution.
Thanks for tuning it, I will see you next time, Peace!